Read two books recently on the train journeys that took me to Shiridi, Mumbai and back to Hyderabad. On the way to Shiridi, I managed to read the Woody Allen book titled Mere Anarchy . On the way back I read the J.M. Coetzee book titled Slow Man. Both these came to me via my sister, who needless to say knows her stuff with novels.
The books were great. They are both very distinct and the only common thing (I think) about them is the pace. Both of them are page turners like I haven't read in a long time. This makes me wonder if I am reading the right stuff to begin with. Slow moving Ken Follets aren't cutting it anymore. Reading books with characters being introduced in every chapter only to disappear by the next have worn me down. Reading half of a book to get to the point will surely bore a mortal once in a while. Books like these are what I need to get back to reading for pleasure. Amazing stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment