Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back in State College

So, I am back in State College after a long long time (6 months but seems so much more). Made a lot of new friends during my internship and intend to stay in touch with them. Internship had it’s stressful side but was a lot of fun for the most parts.

Now that I back in State College, here is a big update from my internship. I have a new hobby. Photography. Bought a Canon XSi in the summer before my travel to west coast. Took a lot of interest in photography spending countless hours to learn the basics of optics and lenses.

Finally decided that I need a pro account on Flickr to share my photos in a clean manner. I liked Flickr over Smugmug (the only other option I considered) as Flickr let’s you put a single photo is multi albums without copying them over again and again. I use this feature a lot and can’t do without it. Have to give props where it is due. Smugmug galleries look pretty amazing and Flickr doesn’t even come close to it.

Currently looking to upgrade over the kit lens and looking at the Canon 50mm f/1.8 prime lens as the next lens. Should be a nice holiday gift should someone decide to gift me one :)

P.S. This should have been posted on Nov 25th 2009.

2 comments:

Raingirl said...

why don,t you start a photo blog with your favorites?

Void said...

yeah .. maybe I will .. after a new lens though .. ur lens is coming up .. it's absolutely gorgeous :)